Introducing SSD Solid State Drive Enter the era of new storage technology the NAND flash-based Solid State Drive considerably enhances the overall performance of computer systems. SSD is durable, shock-proof, offers high-speed transmission, consumes little energy, makes zero noise, and does not overheat when compared to traditional hard drives. A Major Upgrade in Performance Equipped with the latest SandForce SF-1222 processor, ADATA’s S599 Solid State Drive delivers remarkable performance. It offers a 280 MB/s read speed and 270 MB/s write speed at maximum. Booting up platforms that run Windows 7 happens in less than 20 seconds, a 40% performance improvement compared to traditional hard drives. Its the perfect device for corporate-level computing applications as well as power users who seek super speed.
Introduction to the SandForce ADATA SSDs
ADATA SandForce controller based SSDs have been dominating the market for quite a long time now . Although SandForce has been receiving some tough competition from Jmicron , but it’s no doubt that the former holds more water for technology enthusiasts and experts alike . The ADATA SandForce S599 SSD is another feather in the cap of the company. It’s based on the popular SF-1222 processor and promises to deliver a better experience as compared to its predecessors .
ADATA SandForce S599 SSD Benefits
The sandforce SSD is known for its cost effectiveness low power consumption and high rate of IOPS and the S599 is no exception. It is perfectly suitable for high-end computing applications as well for corporate solutions. Some of it’s benefits are as follows below:
- It gives a boot time of around 20 seconds on latest Operating Systems such as the Windows 7 .
- The company promises a forty percent overall increase in performance.
- Uses the SATA II interface.
- It is very cost effective.
- Comes with a 3 year warranty, which just adds up to increase it’s dependability.
- It delivers a maximum speed of 280 MB per second and maximum write speed of 270 MB per second . (One of the highest in it’s price group)
- It’s sleek 2.5 inch slim design makes an addition to it’s advantage.
- It has achieved up to 50, 000 IOPS in benchmark tests.
- It’s NAND flash technology tends to increase the overall performance.
- It makes almost zero noise and reduces the consumption of power considerably.
ADATA SandForce S599 Additional Features
- It’s dimensions are as the figures follow : 100 mm x 69.85 mm x 9.5 mm (L x W x T)
- A minimal weight of 68 grams.
- Available in 40 GB, 64 GB, 100 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB capacities.
- The SSD has a Shock Resistance of upto 1500 G.
- Comes in two special edition packaging : Notebook pack and Desktop pack(Full compatibility with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 )
- The new ECC function deals with automatic error detection as well as correction.
- An integrated temperature sensor circuit keeps the user informed of the operation temperature through the system monitor program.
- Uses Wear leveling technology.
- A single unit of ADATA SandForce S599 SSD.
- A single unit of a 2.5” to 3.5” conversion bracket.
- A quick Guide for Installation.
A DATA S599 SSD Unboxing
Recommendation for the ADATA SandForce S599 SSD:
The motto of ADATA with the S599 SSD is- Quality at a comparatively lower price . A SSD of this capability sets up new standards for itself as well as the other SSD’S in the market. A tough competitor , a superbly reliable performer and definitely a best buy. Currently priced for 265 USD for the 128 GB variant ,it is the 2nd lowest priced SandForce 120GB drive. The 256GB model is priced at 551.00 USD and both the models are readily available on almost all the major online stores. Here are some of the pro’s and con’s of the ADATA SandForce S599 SSD:
- Low in price.Probably the best deal in it’s price class.No other SSD gives this sort good performance to the consumers within this price bracket .
- Better in performance as compared to the previous and existing Sand Force drives.
- 3 Years of warranty . This increase the overall dependability and cost-effectiveness of the device.
- Supports TRIM . One more feature which makes it more attractive.
- Rugged aluminum metal case adds to it’s sturdiness and elegant design.
- Includes a 2.5 ” to 3.5” bracket
- Almost none.
However the ADATA SandForce s599 SSD looses 13 percent of the total space capacity due to the formatting.This means that a 128 GB of this SSD sandforce will have around 120 GB of usable space.But this is a technological constraint applicable to all SSDs and storage based device rather than a drawback.The bottom line is if you are looking for a SSD within 300 dollars than the ADATA SandForce S599 is probably the best pick for you.
If you require more information, please visit the following sites that are authorities in this topic...
FlashSim: A Simulator for NAND Flash-based Solid-State Drives