The Hitachi Deskstar IDK series of internal hard drives features a robust mechanical design that exceeds the industry standard for quality and reliability. Through a patented ramp load/unload design, the risk of shock damage is minimized by eliminating direct contact between the heads and disks, reducing wear and heat while improving overall drive reliability and power efficiency.
Introduction to Hitachi Deskstar
Hitachi Deskstar has been a popular brand name ever since it was launched in the market. It signifies the trust and reliability that its users hold upon it. The internal hardware of Hitachi Deskstar IDK series delivers a huge capacity and that too at a huge rate of 7200 rotations per minute performance in an average form factor of 3.5 inch. It is available in a number of sizes and up to 3TB for that matter and also features the first 6 GB/sec SATA interfaces. But, this is only compatible with a Hitachi desktop drive (version of the 3 TB only). The Deskstar series is designed in such a way that it leverages the benefits of the latest components and operating systems to deliver not only a high-performance or high-capacity, but also enough power efficient systems. They have the highest quality products containing field proven components. The Hitachi Deskstar is however more preferred than the Hitachi Deskstar 7k3000 as it also gives a huge amount of storage capacity with the high level speeds of up to 7200 rotations per minute in a standard 3.5 inch desktop form factor.
Benefits of Hitachi Deskstar 3.5 inch 3TB
- The Deskstar drives usually use SATA connections, providing up to 6Gbit/sec data transfer rates exclusively for the 3 TB model being the first amongst Hitachi desktop drives.
- The unimaginable speed of 7200 rotations per minute, which is a record in itself. So, moving or transferring files and data would hardly be a problem for anyone.
- Not only does it allow the user to save on time because of the speed received, but also helps the user do a number of tasks together as it is ensured that the speed won’t dent or slow down the pace of work even while multi-tasking.
- The user is also supplied with the Hitachi GPT DISK Manager, simple software to overcome the 2.2 TB limitations set by Windows systems.
- GPT Disk manager is also helpful to the user as it supports the 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
Additional Features of Hitachi Deskstar 3.5 inch 3TB
- The Hitachi Deskstar has an additional robust mechanical design featured especially for improving the standard of its products.
- Eliminating the direct contact of its head and disks the risk of shock damage is minimized owing to its patented load/unload design.
- This process also helps in reducing the wear and tear due to heating, while improving the overall reliability of the drive and power efficiency.
- The Hitachi deskstar 3tb includes access to this software easily which is not talked much about in the Hitachi Deskstar 7k3000 review.
It has a huge data storing capacity as high as 3TB Hard Drive. It works at a high speed of 7200 rotations per minute. The 64 MB cache and SATA III 6Gbps is designed in such a way that it leverages for new platforms and modern operating systems. It is eco-friendly in nature and is also designed to be halogen-free. It is however not compatible with MAC or Linux systems and the Hitachi GPT Disk Manager Software also does not support RAID configurations. Also, volumes that are managed by this software cannot be used as boot volumes. In addition with the Hitachi GPT Manager, there is hardly any additional hardware required to overcome the 2.2 TB limitations that Windows systems give while one is adding an additional 3TB drive.
Recommendation for Hitachi Deskstar 3.5 inch 3TB
The only limitation to this otherwise great product is that it doesn’t support RAID configurations and thus, cannot be used as a boot drive. But a product so well defined and helpful is hardly to be found otherwise. Users all over the world have not only confirmed this but the growing number of sales actually verifies this too. It is however the result of the outstanding class that Hitachi maintains along with the reasonable price and security. The Hitachi Deskstar 3.5 inch 3TB exceeds many other products of its genre through the class and quality it provides to its consumers and is a highly recommended product in the current scenario.
If you require more information, please visit the following sites that are authorities in this topic...
hitachi deskstar 7k3000 review
FlashSim: A Simulator for NAND Flash-based Solid-State Drives