The LaCie 4big Quadra 4 TB hard drive is a complete RAID solution that’s ideal for small servers, creative pro workstations, or offices that need large storage and backup capacity with speed and security. The 4big Quadra also offers lower energy consumption and is quieter when compared to traditional RAID towers, making it a quiet, “green” addition to any workspace.
Introduction of Lacie 4big Quadra
A huge amount of data storage is one of the reasons why Lacie 4big Quadra is so popular these days that one is bound to hear of it! The volume of data in today’s world is unlimited. Some of these hardly qualify as necessities however there seem to be thousands of songs to listen up to, movies to be watched and pictured to be loaded. But damn! There’s hardly enough space for us to keep in track such a huge range of products. There is hardly anything available that can actually comply with our needs. There had been a time when gigabyte seemed to be a huge word to us. But as of now, terabyte, the latest inclusion, too seems to be a mere fry cry to store in more stuffs.
- It is an excellent usable product, a complete RAID solution for small servers, offices and creative work stations that require huge space for back up or storage with the speed and security factor kept well in control. It is also a very quiet product with very little noise pollution as compared to the other RAID towers. It is also very cost effective as it is a very low consumer of power.
- With around 4TB of disk space, this particular additional hard drive offers a huge amount of storage facility to store all the major documents, data both audio and visual.
- It also works at a high speed with the included drives spinning at as fast as 7200 rotations per minute and with the 16 MB or larger cache, it also helps in the optimal performance.
- The 4 big Quadra gives one the option to choose amongst from seven different RAID modes: RAID 0, RAID 5, RAID 5+square, RAID 3, RAID 3+square, Concatenation, and RAID 10.
- One can even remove and replace drives while the Lacie 4big Quadra is running and the hot swap amongst the drives is another alluring feature of this hard drive.
Lacie 4 big Quadra Additional Features
- RAID Disk array provide 2TB of disk space.
- Supports seven RAID models including RAID 0/1/3/5/10.
- Four connection interfaces include USB 2.0, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and eSATA.
- Striking design of the Lacie Quadra by Neil Poulton.
The lacie d2 quadra review has been amazing. It offers up to 6TB of storage capacity and an amazing bandwidth speed via eSATA 3 Gbits and FireWire 800. It also supports FireWire 400 and hi-speed USB 2.0 ports enhancing for a maximum compatibility with any PC or MAC. The main reason why the 4big Quadra is so much in demand in today’s market of play stations and small servers is the fact that it fits in most speed demanding applications. The RAID models can be configured well ahead before usage and they seem to give high benefits in the form of speed as a pre-configured RAID 0 can reach up to 230 MB/s through eSATA 3Gbits. The most tempting feature of this product comes however in the form of the secure RAID modes of RAID 5, RAID 3 and RAID 10, one can still access the data stored even if one disk fails. It also is very easy to maintain with the hot swappable disk trays. Spare modes also allow an additional level of protection that starts rebuilding a RAID protection in case of a disk failure. The drive can also function in RAID 5 mode completely independent of a computer where no RAID software or RAID number is required.
Recommendations for Lacie 4 big Quadra
LaCie 4big Quadra 4TB Hard Drive is a product that helps store our important documents and thus has a higher sale than Lacie d2 Quadra Hard Disk as the Lacie d2 Quadra Hard Disk review states. However, it solely depends on the configuration of the storing space that this product is going to offer, as many a times it goes a little below 4TB. Also, depending on the RAID protection, one gets a faster performance, more storage space or a high rate of protection. The 4big Quadra is also expandable and scalable into 4 units enhancing its users to reach out to a higher level of storage with as much as 24 TB capacity and a 600MB/s transfer rates. The Lacie 4big Quadra 4TB Hard Drive is one of the most complete RAID products which are currently in great demand in the market especially by the professionals or corporate sector people to whom space along with speed matter a lot.
If you require more information, please visit the following sites that are authorities in this topic...
FlashSim: A Simulator for NAND Flash-based Solid-State Drives